Friday, November 4, 2011

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Today felt like a great day to have cookies for breakfast. The baby woke me up at about 5:30am, and so i figured i better not waste the morning. I have never made pumpkin cookies before. So i was a bit nervous my kids wouldn't like them. As i was making them up though i was surprised at my 2.5 year old who started eating raw pumpkin from the measuring cup! I baked them on my pampered chef stone ( i love my stonewear ) and they came out so perfect, nice and high, fluffy, almost like cake, and they are not overly sweet at all. These are a perfect breakfast cookie :)





i think the thing that gives them that "special, oh my goodness i must eat all of these" flavor is the fresh grated nutmeg..ooh nutmeg!!


Ingredients:1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
2 t vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1t fresh grated nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the sugar and shortening for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin. In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix just until combined. With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment